The Hub is SAMRU’s campus hotspot, a university pub owned by and managed for the students of Mount Royal University. The Hub is an excellent venue for your intimate concert, album release party, trade event or relaxed party.
• Over 3,000 square feet of event space
• 220 sellable capacity
• Fully-licensed configurations only
• Full in-house PA available
• In-house catering – choose from our wide selection of menu configurations
• Easy load-in and load-out dock
• All of our spaces are wheelchair and reduced-mobility accessible
• Competitive pricing
• Accessible restrooms
• The Hub is student-owned
• Production Lounge
• Accessible, security patrolled smoking areas
• On-site ATMs
• Ample well-lit and security patrolled public parking
• Business Services Coordinator, Catering Coordinator and Production Coordinator included in rental rate
• The number of on-site security personnel required will be at the discretion of SAMRU and will be supplied in-house
• All merchandise sellers, box office staff, production runners, and catering coordinator personnel available in-house at cost-effective rates
Wyckham House is a student-owned building on the Mount Royal University campus, so we have preferred pricing for students and members of the MRU community. Special pricing is also available for nonprofit events hosted by members of the greater Calgary and area community. The rental cost covers a flexible eight-hour period.
The Hub is a vibrant venue, with regular Monday-Thursday evening events during the academic year (September – April). Rentals are available Friday, Saturday, and Sunday evenings plus Saturday and Sunday during the day. Availability varies during the Spring and Summer semesters (May-August). Please contact the Business Services Coordinator to inquire about specific dates and times.
To rent another space in Wyckham House, click here.