Buy or Sell Your Books With Us!
Whether you’re looking to save some cash buying used textbooks, or you’re hoping to earn a little money selling your old books, our Used Book Consignment Sale is a great way to make sure you’ll stick to your budget this year. The fact that you’re supporting your fellow students and your Students’ Association doesn’t hurt, either (but we might be a bit biased).
How Does It Work?
If you’re selling, consignment is pretty straightforward: Once the sale opens, you bring your books to us, register them and set the sale price, and we put them up for sale. Once your book sells, we print you a cheque! How easy is that? If you want to get started right away, you can click the link below (or go to usedbooks.samru.ca) to register your books. Then all you have to do is drop your books off with us.
If you’re buying, all you need to do is show up with your required reading list and check out the selection! Since our books are consigned, all purchases made at the sale will go to supporting another student.
Interested? Come visit us in the Yellow Room (that’s Z203, on the second floor of Wyckham House) during the dates and times listed below.
Important Dates & Hours of Operation
Fall 2017 Used Book Sale
Yellow Room (Z203)
August 28 to September 1, 10:00am – 2:00pm
September 5 to 20, 10:00am – 4:00pm
Details of Consignment
- Consigners get to set their own selling price and will be paid out 75% of that price once their book is sold.
- We will be accepting most books for consignment. We reserve the right to decline books for any reason (e.g. outdated editions, damaged and/or heavily marked).
- Consignment contracts will be valid only for the duration of the sale.
- Payment will be by cheque only and will be available at point of purchase until the sale is over. After the sale is finished, remaining cheques will be available at SAMRU Reception.
- Lost or expired cheques that need to be reprinted may result in a $5 fee.
- SAMRU will not be responsible for any damage to your books while in our possession.
- Only the person whose name is listed on the consignment account can inquire about their account.
- The seller can withdraw their books from consignment at any time without penalty.
Phone: (403) 440-5603