Clubs training will give you the skills you need to successfully run your club by teaching you about finances, grants, event planning, communication, liability, and SAMRU policies.
This year we have updated clubs training to make it more relevant and useful to club executives. Please note a few changes that we have made:
- The training will be held in the Clubhouse this year (Z306)
- At least 2 executives from each club must attend clubs training (they don’t have to attend the same session)
- The new training will take about 3 hours and will include more interactive activities, networking opportunities and guest speakers
- This year we have added a section to the clubs training that will be facilitated by Cari Ionson, MRU’s Sexual Violence Response and Awareness Coordinator. This section of the training will cover bystander interventions, responding to disclosures of sexual violence, and resources available to students.
Food will be provided at the training session, so if you have any dietary restrictions please email the clubs coordinator at least one week before your training session (email@example.com).
Upcoming 2018-19 Training Sessions
To RSVP, please click the date of the training you would like to attend. If you have any dietary restrictions, please email the clubs coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org).
All sessions held from 4-7 pm in the Clubhouse (Z306)
View the Clubs Training presentation here and the Student Life Cycle document here.
Sexual Violence Response and Awareness Information here.
- Do I have to send an executive to clubs training even though our club has completed it in the past?
Yes. Every year two executives from each club must attend training to complete the ratification process. Official club status will not be granted until your club has completed training.
- Is there a deadline to RSVP for clubs training?
You must RSVP at least one week in advance of the training session you would like to attend in order for us to accommodate any dietary restrictions.
- What should I do if I can no longer make it to a training session?
Please email clubs if you need to cancel your registration. Once you have done this, re-register for another training session that you are able to attend. Remember that your club needs to complete training in order to ratify.
- Who can I contact to get more information on training?
If you have any additional questions, please email clubs.