Program: Bachelor of Nursing
Phone: (403) 440-6993
Andrew Nguyen is your President for the 2018-2019 year! He has been at Mount Royal University since 2015 and is currently completing his Bachelors of Nursing. Andrew is a strong leader who believes in affordable and accessible education for students in university and he looks forward to advocating for students this year. Andrew was a member of the Student Governing Board of SAMRU prior to the election and there he worked internally to ensure fiduciary responsibility of the organization. He has sat on the School of Nursing and Midwifery Scholarship Committee where he seeks to bolster student engagement in research.
Some of the goals for students at MRU this year include: Spring/Summer U-Pass, making tuition affordable through government advocacy, increase mental health funding and making services accessible to students, and continuing to foster a better community at MRU.
Andrew never uses a busy schedule as an excuse to not meet with someone. Everyone is welcomed to come in to his office to chat and enjoy some candy. There is also a big comfy couch for you to sit or sleep on!
- Student Governing Board
- Vice-President Academic Advisory Committee (VPAAC)
- Academic Affairs Committee
- Board of Governors
- Budget Advisory Committee
- Finance Committee
- General Faculties Council
- MRU Coalition (MRFA, MRSA, SAMRU)
- Student Centre Liaison Committee
- Council of Alberta University Students (CAUS)
- Canadian Alliance of Student Associations (CASA)
- CASA National Advocacy Team