Please contact us if you have any questions about the correctness of this post!
- What are the biggest concerns you have starting classes next week? Some SA and SU leaders have some thoughts, and our own Kaylene McTavishhas some solutions for MRU students too!
- Another UFest has come and gone, but before the event, The Reflector had an article recommending what you should check out at the annual event.
- Student leaders like your elected SAMRU President Kaylene McTavish are fighting the collection of taxes on on-campus student residences in Alberta.
- Your SAMRU elected officials and some staff members along with a number of volunteers all walked in the Calgary Pride Parade in September. Check out the photos in The Reflector.
- The Calgary Herald reviewed students’ association fees at Calgary post-secondary institutions. Fees at SAMRU are higher than at the UofC and lower than those at SAIT. ACAD, Bow Valley and other organizations were not mentioned. Our VP Student External Affairs Julia Broome responded.
- MRU president David Docherty recommends getting involved with SAMRU (including fantastic volunteer opportunities) as a great way to get the most out of your university experience.
- Cochrane performer hoped to be the next AMP 90.3 Rockstar at the finals competition held in Wyckham House.
- Reflector writer Samara Hawkins recommends the SAMRU Good Food Box and Free Breakfast programs as two ways to make your student loan budget stretch a little bit further.
- VP Student External Affairs Julia Broome quoted chatted with a reporter from The Weal about looking to the future.
- SAIT Students’ Association President hopes to have funds for a great building on the SAIT campus owned by students much like Wyckham House here at MRU.
For even more news about your SAMRU, students at MRU, expert staff and faculty at MRU or other news about MRU, please visit www.samru.ca!