If you are a club with a locker, this one’s for you! Please be sure to email Margo by April 27 if you plan on keeping your locker for the upcoming Fall Semester. After April 27, unclaimed lockers will be cleaned out and reassigned. Also, please make sure you are not storing food in your locker unless you are a club of mice.
If you have any room or table bookings please make sure to get them in as soon as possible! The end of the semester is a busy time for clubs, so the sooner you get your requests in, the better chance you have of booking your first choice.
Your club’s annual report is due by Friday, April 27 at 5:00 p.m., be sure to submit it before then to be eligible for re-ratification in the Fall! You can find the form here.
The final clubs training of the semester will be on March 28, RSVP here if you haven’t already.
Meet your Club Administrators! This year, our clubs team has grown to include two Club Administrators, Hadeel and Wengel, who can be found in the Clubhouse from Tuesday-Friday. They handle a lot of the day-to-day tasks within the clubs program. If you have any questions, they usually have the answers! Feel free to email them here.
Clubhouse Snack & Chat – Starting December 6, 2017, your Clubs Coordinator and admins will be hosting a monthly Snack & Chat. Get to know staff, club execs, and members! Thinking of joining a club? This is a great time to get some more info. Come on by the Clubhouse (Z306) on the first Wednesday of every month from 1 to 2 pm. Snack, chat, and connect!
Most forms can now be completed digitally! Please view the Clubs Links and Forms page for more information.
Don’t forget to submit your club constitution as soon as possible! Feel free to drop it off in the Clubhouse (Z306), to the Clubs Coordinator in room Z306, or email it to us.
There is a lot of funding available to SAMRU clubs:
- Club Collaboration Fund – Work with two (2) other clubs and SAMRU will award you up to $300 to cover any expenses.
- Club Development Fund – Doubled in size for next year. Any events you want to host that will develop your members OR club could be eligible for up to $500.
- Start-up Fund – New clubs can apply for $200 to help subsidise start-up costs. Existing clubs can apply for up to $150 for operational costs.
- Club Food and Beverage Fund – Up to $75 a year in food/beverages for your events! (Liquor excluded)
- Club Marketing Fund – Up to $50 a year for any of your marketing needs (website, promoting posts, fliers, etc).
Office Space – Several of you have asked for dedicated office space – one of the rooms in the basement has been re-purposed to provide you exactly that! The space will be shared (as we’re super limited with what is available), so a maximum of five clubs will be able to use the space on a rotating schedule.
Thursdays are student nights at the Hub. Contact the Clubs Coordinator about hosting a student night and the fundraising opportunities that this can provide for your club!