This summer, we’ve been working on a lot of projects to better meet your needs! Please read the following and email me if you have questions. I’m currently in the process of ensuring these resources are available for you for September 6.
1) Most forms will be completed digitally this year! Please view the Clubs Links and Forms page for more information.
2) Tables for the Clubs and Campus Expo are filling up quickly. If you haven’t signed up yet, I suggest you do it soon before they are all booked! The sign up form can be found under the Clubs Links and Forms page.
3) The funding structure has dramatically changed this year. The abridged version is:
- Club Collaboration Fund – Work with 2 other clubs and SAMRU will award you up to $300 to cover any expenses.
- Club Development Fund – Doubled in size for next year. Any events you want to host that will develop your members OR club could be eligible for up to $500.
- Start-up Fund – New clubs can apply for $200 to help subsidize start-up costs. Existing clubs can apply for up to $150 for operational costs.
- Club Food and Beverage Fund – Up to $75 a year in food/beverages for your events! (Liquor excluded)
- Club Marketing Fund – Up to $50 a year for any of your marketing needs (website, promoting posts, fliers, etc).
4) Office Space – Several of you have asked for dedicated office space – one of the rooms in the basement will be repurposed to provide you exactly that! The space will be shared (as we’re super limited with what is available), so a maximum of five clubs will be able to use the space on a rotating schedule. Details to follow.
5) Thursdays in the Hub – We’re finalizing details about the weekly programming in the Hub, but we’re making it easier for you to fundraise, while providing consistent entertainment for your guests. Details will be released ASAP.