Clubs training will give you the skills you need to successfully run your club by teaching you about finances, grants, event planning, communication, liability, and SAMRU policies.
- It is required that at least two executives attend ONE of the listed training sessions in order for your club to be fully ratified. Even though it is mandatory that at least two club executives attend training, it’s highly encouraged that other executives attend as well.
- This session runs from 4 to 7 pm and dinner will be provided to all attendees. Please make sure you indicate any dietary restrictions on your registration.
- Please bring a pen and paper for taking notes.
- Training will also include some group work and networking.
Upcoming 2018-19 Training Sessions
Dates will become links once registration opens.
All sessions held from 4-7 pm in the Clubhouse (Z306)
September 6, 10, 13, 17, 20, 26
October 4, 17, 25, 29
November 8, 28
January 24, 30
Sexual Violence Response and Awareness Information here.
- Do I have to send an executive to clubs training even though our club has completed it in the past?
Yes. Every year two executives from each club must attend training to complete the ratification process. Official club status will not be granted until your club has completed training.
- Is there a deadline to RSVP for clubs training?
Yes. You must RSVP at least one week in advance of the training session you would like to attend. Registration for each training session will close one week before the session takes place.
- What should I do if I can no longer make it to a training session?
Please email clubs if you need to cancel your registration. Once you have done this, re-register for another training session that you are able to attend. Remember that your club needs to complete training in order to ratify.
- Who can I contact to get more information on training?
If you have any additional questions, please email clubs.