The Pride Centre is a queer-positive, all gender-inclusive, safer space in which students explore gender and sexual identity. The Pride Centre is a space for students to:
- create inclusive community across the gender and sexuality spectrum.
- find support for themselves and support their gender and sexually diverse peers.
- enhance everyone’s learning about gender and sexual diversity.
The Pride Centre’s programs and services include:
- Gender and sexuality resource library
- Free safer sex and pregnancy prevention supplies including latex-free, internal condoms, and dental dams
- Free educational information for gender and sexual diversity, sexual and reproductive health, and healthy relationships for people of all genders and sexualities
- Referral services and peer support
- Queer-positive events and workshops
Are you interested in volunteering with the Pride Centre? Check out our volunteer page!
Coming Up: Calgary Dyke & Trans Queer Resources Fair
As a collective, the SAMRU Pride Centre and Calgary Dyke and Trans March (CDTM) are working together to promote community empowerment through a local event that is free, fun… and educational!
Join us on Sunday, May 7th for our Queer Resource Fair, where we’re hosting an inclusive event for students and community members to connect with local resources that offer safe space, education, and services specifically for diverse genders and sexualities. We recognize the crucial importance of accessible resources and services for the LGBTQ2S+ community, and knowing that these resources and opportunities are not easily accessible or available, we’re hoping that the Queer Resource Fair will bridge the gap for students and community members of all diverse genders and sexualities.
Interested participants are encouraged to access a variety of workshops, ranging from talks with leading medical experts to mindfulness exercises to learning tools to overcome anxiety and depression. We’re also hosting a booth and vendor fair all day, where the community can come together and connect with local agencies and community partners.
This is a free event, open to and accessible for anyone and everyone interested in the LGBTQ2S+ community!
Click here to download the fair schedule. (Please note that this schedule is tentative and subject to change – check back in late April for a confirmed schedule!)