The Pride Centre is moving! We’re still confirming exact dates, but the space will be open and operating by end of August, followed by a grand opening with ribbon-cutting which will happen during the first two weeks of the fall term. A full timeline for the move can be found here.
Have questions? Our Relationships, Identity & Sex Programmer, Tanya Ross, will be conducting a live Q&A about the move on Monday, June 25 at noon on the SAMRU Facebook page. We’ll be accepting questions for the Q&A for the next month at samru.ca/pridecentremove, but we’ll also have folks on hand who can answer questions live in the video’s comment feed.
A Pride Centre Focus Group was held on April 17th. Find the notes from this consultation here.
The Pride Centre is a queer-positive, all gender-inclusive, safer space in which students explore gender and sexual identity. The Pride Centre is a space for students to:
- create inclusive community across the gender and sexuality spectrum.
- find support for themselves and support their gender and sexually diverse peers.
- enhance everyone’s learning about gender and sexual diversity.
The Pride Centre’s programs and services include:
- Gender and sexuality resource library
- Free safer sex and pregnancy prevention supplies including latex-free, internal condoms, and dental dams
- Free educational information for gender and sexual diversity, sexual and reproductive health, and healthy relationships for people of all genders and sexualities
- Referral services and peer support
- Queer-positive events and workshops
Are you interested in volunteering with the Pride Centre? Check out the volunteer page!