Need to talk to someone who gets it? The PSC can help. The Peer Support Centre is a transformative community based upon shared dignity, caring, and trust. The PSC provides peer-led, barrier-free services, connecting all parts of the campus community to support students as they achieve their goals. The PSC is open to all current credit MRU students free of charge, and includes various programs and services:
- Emergency Student Loans: Short-term, interest-free loans of up to $300.
- Financial Literacy Workshop: Workshops that provide students with an opportunity to learn about money management and gain the knowledge, skills, and confidence to make responsible financial decisions.
- Season of Caring: A winter program for students and their families.
- Emergency Bus Tickets
- Calgary Food Bank Hamper
- Emergency On-Campus Food & Hygiene Cupboard
- Free Breakfast: Beginning at 8:45 am until supplies last during weekday Fall/Winter classes
- Confidential Peer Counseling
- Referral Services
How can I get involved?
The Peer Support Centre is always in need of compassionate, enthusiastic volunteers. PSC volunteers provide peer-based active listening, support, and referral to appropriate resources to help other students achieve their goal. All volunteers undergo an extensive training process to help in maintaining respectful safer spaces for those who use the Peer Support Centre, Global Citizen Centre, and Pride Centre. We offer flexible shifts that volunteers can choose on a weekly basis. It is a two hour per week commitment, and all shifts are during the day.
Volunteering with the Peer Support Centre is extremely rewarding and is a great opportunity to meet new people, gain experience and get involved in the community. If you’re interested in supporting your fellow students and connecting the campus community, become a Peer Support volunteer by visiting our volunteer page.
Fall/Winter: 10am – 4pm* Monday – Friday
Spring/Summer: 9:30am – 3:30pm Monday – Friday
*Free Breakfast: 8:45am until supplies run out
If you need an appointment outside of these times, please e-mail the coordinator.
Peer Support Coordinator
Office: Wyckham House, Z210
Email: Peer Support