Nominate yourself or someone you know for the 2018 Governor Elections!
The Student Governing Board is seeking passionate individuals of diverse backgrounds to represent the over 10,000 student members of Mount Royal University. The Board provides the highest form of governance within the Students’ Association of Mount Royal University (SAMRU). As a member of the Board, you are tasked with looking at the big picture. Your work within the Board will sharpen your skills and set you on a course for future leadership opportunities.
In order to serve on the Student Governing Board, you must:
- Be a Mount Royal University student enrolled in at least one credit
- Commit to the work and mission of the Students’ Association of Mount
- Be willing to serve on committees and work groups
- Attend approximately twice-monthly Student Governing Board
meetings and assigned committee meetings, generally held on
Monday evenings after 4:00 p.m.;
- Attend Annual and Special General Meetings;
- Attend membership meetings as assigned;
- Support, and participate in, Students’ Association fundraising events;
- Fulfill all other volunteer requirements as outlined in the Students’
Association’s policies and procedures;
- Maintain a cumulative G.P.A of 2.5 or higher.
Please submit all completed forms by 4:30 pm Monday, October 22, 2018 to email@example.com.
All-candidates meeting: All candidates are required to attend the All-Candidates Meeting on Thursday, October 25, 2018 at 7:30 pm in Council Chambers. Candidates must be represented at this meeting either in person or by proxy (if by proxy, please inform the CRO via email at firstname.lastname@example.org).
Campaigning: The campaign period for candidates begins Sunday, October 28, 2018 at 12:00 pm and ends Thursday, November 1, 2018 at 5:00 pm. Each candidate will have a $75 expense allowance for campaign materials that will be reimbursed up to 50% by SAMRU upon submission of receipts.
Voting: Online voting will begin Tuesday, October 30, 2018 at 8:00 am and end on Thursday, November 1, 2018 at 5:00 pm. Election results will be announced by the CRO at the Governor Elections Results Celebration on Thursday, November 1, 2018 at approximately 7:00 pm in the Hub.
If you have questions about the nomination and election process that aren’t answered here, feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
CRO for SAMRU Elections