1. WHAT IS A COMPLAINT?
A complaint is defined as any verbally or written expression of dissatisfaction received about SAMRU’s activities, programs, services, staff or volunteers.
2. HOW DO I MAKE A COMPLAINT?
A complaint can be made verbally (by phone or in person) or in writing (by mail, fax, email, social media). One way of initiating a complaint is through our dedicated Complaints address. You may also contact SAMRU reception desk in-person during business hours, by phone at (403) 440-6077, or by email at email@example.com.
Every effort will be made to resolve complaints received in a timely fashion. Written complaints will be acknowledged within two business days of their receipt. A SAMRU employee will strive to resolve the complaint in a prompt manner within ten working days. Where complaints are escalated to higher organizational levels, every attempt will be made to resolve them within an additional ten business days. This timeline allows for the resolution of complaints within a month of their receipt.
The Students’ Association of Mount Royal University views complaints as a way to learn and improve as an organization. The intent of this policy and its related procedures is to ensure that complaints are handled in an efficient, professional manner, and complaints are resolved to the satisfaction of all stakeholders involved.
4. GUIDING PRINCIPLES
The Students’ Association of Mount Royal University (SAMRU) is committed to providing our members, volunteers, employees, alumni, campus partners, donors, and the general public with a high level of service while carrying out our mission.
- It is in the interest of all parties that complaints are dealt with promptly and resolved as quickly as possible.
- Review of complaints is fair, impartial and respectful to all parties.
- All complaints are thoroughly investigated and resolved in a timely manner.
- That complainants will be kept updated through the process, and are informed of their options in escalating the complaint in the event they are unsatisfied with the outcome.
- Complaints are used to assist SAMRU in improving services, policies and procedures.