Last updated May 21, 2020. This page is dynamic and may change at any time.
You can still access SAMRU services (and you should)
We know that many of our members depend on the Students’ Association’s programs day-to-day, and perhaps especially so in these uncertain times. SAMRU continues to support MRU students by providing access to essential Students’ Association services like free food hampers and hygiene products, financial assistance and referrals, support with academic and non-academic concerns, and other valuable student services.
Wyckham House Student Centre is still open during the day so people can access the pharmacy and the Students’ Association. The SAMRU Reception is open 12:00 pm – 4:00 pm, Tuesday and Thursday only, for SAMRU Care Packages, lost and found, general inquiries and mail receiving. (As of March 25th).
Location: Room Z222, Wyckham House
Alternatively, you can contact us:
Adjustments to regular operations
- Extraordinary precautions are being exercised in Wyckham House to ensure the health and safety of the campus community.
- To protect the health of students and staff, SAMRU has cancelled all non-essential events and programs and has modified the delivery of many of its services.
- Currently, our building remains open with reduced operational hours. Reception and administration offices in room Z222 are open Tuesday and Thursday from 12:00 pm to 4:00 pm at this time.
- The Pride Centre and the Yellow Room on the 2nd floor and the Clubhouse on the 3rd floor are all currently closed. Pride, Clubs, and the Cultural & Indigenous programmers can each be contacted during center hours (11-4, M-F) at the emails provided on the relevant web pages at samru.ca.
- Students have been advised by Mount Royal University to stay away from campus unless being here is necessary. Campus is closed daily between 5:00 pm and 8:00 am.
- Our student services are being transitioned, where possible, to remote delivery through phone, email, or the samru.ca website.
- Remote Student Advocacy Resource Centre services: if you are seeking assistance or have questions about navigating grade appeals, grievances, academic or non-academic issues, you can contact our student advocacy coordinator, David, by phone at 403-440-7779 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. See the Student Advocacy Resource Centre page for more information on what this service provides.
- Some services may not be available at this time.
- The entire campus is currently closed to students. Students needing to access campus should call MRU Security at 403-440-6897.
As everyone knows, the situation is changing very swiftly and dramatically. New information requires us to adapt quickly and further restrictions may be imposed upon us. Please visit this page for up-to-date service availability.
- Student representation and advocacy: Your elected Representation Executive Council (REC) members continue to work hard on your behalf to represent the best interests of students. They are currently dealing with internal and external officials about how this health crisis is affecting students, continuing to advocate on issues like tuition, MRU’s budget, government funding, academic programming, and many other things.
- Student Governance: Your student governing board is actively monitoring the changes to SAMRU’s operations and is meeting virtually online to make strategic decisions about SAMRU’s direction.
Stay safe out there and avoid coming to campus as much as possible. Best of luck with your Spring courses! And remember, if you need anything—support, referrals, or just someone to listen—please let us know and we’ll try to help the best way we can.