Please contact us if you have any questions about the correctness of this post!
The candidates have officially been announced, and campaign season is in full swing. Now the fun part starts: you get to participate in the democratic process by voting for the students who will represent you next year to Mount Royal and all three levels of government as part of the Representation Executive Council (REC)!
Don’t feel ready to vote just yet? Here are some ways you can get informed before hitting the polls:
- Check out the full list of candidates and their platforms.
- Pick up a copy of our elections supplement at SAMRU Reception (Z222) or in newspaper racks around Wyckham House, or read the online version.
- Attend the Candidates’ Debate on Tuesday, February 28 at noon in Wyckham House, where you’ll have the opportunity to meet the candidates, hear their platforms, and ask questions.
Now that you have all the information you need, it’s time to head over to samru.ca/vote and make your voice heard! Want the thrill of voting in-person behind a trifold? No problem! We’ll have in-person voting stations at East and West Gates during the following times:
- Monday, February 27: 10:00am to 7:00pm
- Tuesday, February 28: 10:00am to 7:00pm
- Wednesday, March 1: 9:00am to 5:00pm
The polls are open until March 1 at 5:00pm. After they close, join us in the Hub for the announcement of the winners!
Now, go get your #democracy on!