Used Book Consignment

Buy or Sell Your Books With Us!

Whether you’re looking to save some cash buying used textbooks, or you’re hoping to
earn a little money selling your old books, our Used Book Consignment Sale is a great
way to make sure you’ll stick to your budget this year. The fact that you’re supporting
your fellow students and your Students’ Association doesn’t hurt, either (but we might
be a bit biased).

How Does It Work?

SAMRU’s book sale will look a little different this semester. The health and safety of the
campus community is important to us so we have implemented procedures to keep
everyone safe.

If you’re selling, please book an appointment to come drop off your books in the
booking calendar below. Once you book an appointment, someone will reach out to
gather your name, phone number, book titles and the prices you wish to sell them for.
After that, you can drop off your books on your appointment date and time in the Blue
Room (Z204, second floor in Wyckham House).

If you’re buying, please email usedbooks@samru.ca with the titles and editions of the
books you are looking for (pictures of the covers are great too). We will check our
inventory and someone will respond within 2 business days. If we have the books in
stock and you wish to purchase, we will arrange a date and time when you can come to
campus to pick up and process payment. Alternatively, we may be able to deliver your
books to you curbside.

Important Dates & Hours of Operation

Fall 2020 Used Book Sale

Blue Room (Z204) for pick up and drop off only

Dates:
Aug 17 – Sept 18

Important Information

We will accept debit, Visa, Mastercard or cash, but payment by card is strongly
preferred.

  • Books will be quarantined for up to 72 hours before they will be available for sale.
  • Please bring your own bags as none will be provided.
  • The books will not be available for public viewing. Please email usedbooks@samru.ca to inquire about availability.
  • All sales will be final.
  • Cheques will be mailed out after the sale.
  • The consigner can withdraw their books from the sale at any time.
  • The consigner receives 75% of the sale price. The other 25% goes back to SAMRU to help fund our student programs.
  • SAMRU reserves the right to change our program and processes at any time to ensure the health and safety of the campus community.

Contact

Lisa Antichow
Administration Manager
Phone: (403) 440-5603
Email: l.antichow@samru.ca