Discover all the amazing ways to volunteer for SAMRU and what it means to volunteer with us by attending a group orientation session! Highlights include meeting your potential volunteer supervisors and other new volunteers, covering topics like our Code of Ethics, volunteer appreciation, supervision expectations, and more! We want to welcome you to being a SAMRU volunteer & get you prepped to start as soon as possible with us. Join us today by first applying to volunteer here.
Full List of topics covered in SAMRU New Volunteer Orientation:
- SAMRU organization overview
- Representation and Advocacy
- Introduction to our Representation Executive Council (REC)
- Introduction to our Volunteer Supervisors
- Overview of the SAMRU Code of Ethics policy
- Volunteer Agreement Overview
- What to expect from your volunteer supervisor
- SAMRU Volunteer Portal Overview (My Impact)
- Snapshot of upgrading your training & other volunteer roles
- Volunteer Appreciation
- Additional requirements to complete (prior to becoming an active volunteer)
Session length: 1.25 hours approximately (training time is recorded as volunteer hours)
Note: Although normally the majority of new volunteer orientation sessions occur in the Gallery (Z224) on the second floor of Wyckham House, in the Fall of 2020, orientation sessions will be offered virtually via Google Meet. A pre-recorded session is also available, with an accompanying quiz if these dates below don’t work for you.
Fall Semester 2020 Dates
NOTE: Please register for a session on the Volunteer portal under the ‘Opportunities’ tab, after we’ve sent you our welcome email with registration instructions. Some group sessions may be cancelled due to low enrollment or the location details may change for small group sessions (less than 5). Always check your email for updates from us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Fall session dates and times coming soon.
No scheduled large group orientations will be booked in April / May – July, or in December. Occasional one on one orientation sessions may be booked by appointment by emailing us at email@example.com